Sign Up with Apple
You can now Sign Up with Apple or Continue with Apple for a faster login to your Sofar account. If you have an existing Sofar account, please make sure your Sofar Sounds user account email is the same as your Apple ID.
For example, if your Apple ID is firstname.lastname@example.org, you can use Sign Up with Apple or Continue with Apple to login as long as that's the email you see in the Edit Profile section of My Account on the Sofar website.
The first time you log in with Sign Up with Apple or Continue with Apple, you'll see two options:
- Share My Email: Choose this option if you want to link Continue with Apple to an existing Sofar Sounds account with the same email. If you're creating a new account, we'll use the email associated with your Apple ID as your Sofar Sounds account email.
- Hide My Email: Choose this option if you want to hide your email from Sofar. This will create a new account with a unique, anonymized email like email@example.com, which will only work on our site.
- You won't be able to link Continue with Apple to an existing Sofar account with this option, and we will not be able to migrate your show history to this new account.
- You'll still receive emails from Sofar to the email associated with your Apple ID.
- If you choose to Hide My Email and you already have an existing Sofar account with the same email as the Apple forwarding email, you may receive duplicate emails.
To stop using Continue with Apple with Sofar, or to change your Share My Email / Hide My Email preference, go to the Apple ID section of your device settings, then Password & Security.
Tip: Continue with Apple allows you to use Face ID or Touch ID to log in to Sofar!
Continue with Google
You can use Sign in with Google or Continue with Google for a faster login to your Sofar account. If you have an existing Sofar account, please make sure your Sofar account email is the same as your Google email.
For example, if your Sofar email is firstname.lastname@example.org, you can use Continue with Google to login as long as that's the email you see in the Edit Profile section of My Account on Sofar’s website.
- When you choose Continue with Google to login, you'll be asked for your Google password in a pop-up window, not your Sofar password.
- If you have 2-Step Verification enabled for your Google account, you'll need to authenticate with a second device.